WSF - Forming The Foundation

Squash courts were first built at Harrow School near London in 1864, and in the early years of the twentieth century National Federations began to be formed. Following its formation in 1928 the SRA – the British Squash Rackets Association, managed international squash as needed until the early 1960s when the initiation of an international body began to be mooted.


This impetus came at a time when there were already no less than 36 National Federations administering squash in their countries.


At the time the main thrust was to coordinate international matches, and in 1962 a meeting was held in London between Great Britain, Australia and South Africa agreed a policy of overseas tours.